Sunday, 3 April 2011

La Cigale French Market

I've been in Auckland for about 5 months now, living in the city for about 2 months, but Saturday was the first time I have been to the French Market in Parnell.  I've heard about it a lot and operates on Saturday and Sunday mornings, so being just about 10-15 minute walk away I think I'll be going most weekends now that I've found it.  Although not a truly French Market and quite small compared to the likes of Borough Market, it was awesome.  I loved wandering around seeing all the fresh produce, a lot of it organic or spray-free.  There was fresh and smoked fish, smoked sausages, vanilla extract, a great Turkish houmus and olive stand and much more.  Next time I go I'm going to buy a delicious smoked garlic salt seasoning.

I bought a clove of smoked garlic at the fruit and vege area, as well as a small squash.  I'm thinking I can do something together with them...though not sure what.  Maybe soup, though I'd like to hollow the squash out and cook it filled with something.  There was lots of free samples about which is also a bonus, but I bought a ham off the bone roll with rocket, lime aioli and tomato relish and a boysenberry frozen yoghurt.  Both were very yummy.  I'll have to work my way around the rest of the places in the coming weeks and months...

La Cigale French Market, Parnell


Fruit and veges at the French Market

Many flavours of houmus

Delicious freshly-made boysenberry frozen yoghurt

1 comment:

  1. This chicken looks so beautifully succulent and flavourful, and coriander and lime is such a great flavour combination. Love your suggestion for turning this into a salad to. Yum! Delete Skype Account Watch Cartoons Online Sports Streaming Sites Movie Streaming Sites Speed Dating Questions

    ReplyDelete