- 100g (3.5 oz) plain salted crackers, such as Salada
- 225g (1 cup) butter
- 150g (3/4 cup) soft brown sugar
- 200g plain dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 60g (1/2 cup) pistachios, chopped
- 60g (1/2 cup) dried cranberries, chopped
Melt the butter and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring well, until it bubbles and is combined. Remove from the hear and pour immediately over the crackers as evenly as possible. Place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until bubbling all over and the caramel is starting to darken.
Remove from the heat and sprinkle the chocolate over evenly, then return to the oven for a further minute or until the chocolate has just melted enough to spread. Using a spatula or palette knife spread the chocolate evenly so it is smooth on the surface.
Sprinkle over the pistachio nuts and cranberries and leave until the chocolate is just set before cutting into pieces. The crackers can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.