Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Challenge Accepted

I was given the challenge to start a new blog at the end of last year - a food blog.  I can think of numerous excuses as to why it's only just beginning now, in February, but at least it's underway.  Initially I was thinking it'd be about cooking and the meals I make.  But even though I love cooking, I don't make anything too exciting that often, so I decided to broaden my theme...

Having recently moved to Auckland, I think it'll be a fun way to document life in generally.  Yes, the food I cook, but also restaurants or places I eat at, the places I see and visit, experiences I have and things that make me happy or make me laugh.  Basically anything that takes my fancy - related to the theme of cook. eat. live.laugh. Not being a highly decisive person most of the time, this broad spectrum suits me well!

As a related sub-challenge, I might try and make something new, ambitious and creative once a week - food-wise.  I've completed this challenge this week.  Recipe to come, but at work today we had a 'Bake Day'.  I made a Salt Caramel Chocolate Cracker (that may not be the correct name).  I much prefer cooking to baking, but I saw this great recipe in the Dec-Jan Dish magazine and when at a friend's recently someone had made it for her. It turned out alright - a few things could be improved on, but generally it was a hit so blog challenge week one - done.

No comments:

Post a Comment